Taking Applications Now!!
Head Start *** Early Head Start
When your child is enrolled in Head Start he/she will be experiencing much more than just preschool. Head Start is a federal program that promotes the school readiness of children born to five from low-income families by enhancing their cognitive, social, and emotional development.
Head Start programs provide a learning environment that supports children's growth in the following domains:
- language and literacy
- cognition and general knowledge
- physical development and health
- social and emotional development
- approaches to learning
To be eligible for Head Start:
- Your child must be three on or before August 1 of this school year
- Your family's income must fall within the federal poverty guidelines
- You must live in Crawford or Sebastian County
Expecting an addition to your family?
The Early Head Start Pregnant Mom Program could be a place for you.
The program is designed to assist expected mothers throughout their pregnancy with services, information, and referrals. The program also assures the family childcare for the baby at six weeks old. For more information, you may contact Crawford or Sebastian County Early Head Start. Expectant mothers must be either working 25+ hours per week or be attending college/high school full time.
The pregnant mom program offers:
- Prenatal Health Care and Education
- Supportive Postpartum Care
- Breastfeeding Support
- Fatherhood Support
- EHS services after the baby is born